TAYLOR VALVE PRODUCTSHigh quality U.S. manufactured valves designed to meet many options encountered in the oil and gas industry. Where to Buy
1600 Series – Gauge Plugs & Probes
The Taylor Gauge Plug and Probe System™ has been a standard in the oil field since 1959. Taylor Gauge Plugs are found on wellheads, flow lines, and pressure vessels – where accurate pressures are required. They are also used in water purification systems, steel mills, and chemical and manufacturing plants throughout the world.
The small area of the stainless needle means that only a 6 lb. push per 1,000 psi in the system is required to force the probe into the Gauge Plug® and open the valve. Lock-On-Probes are recommended where the pressure or sample device is to be mounted onto the Gauge Plug® or where the pressure on the Gauge Plug® exceeds 5,000 psi.
1/4″ FNPT (316 SS) or 1/2″ MNPT (304 SS or 316 SS)
500 PSI to 15,000 PSI
- Gauge Plug® Fittings: 1/2″ MNPF Lock-On Gauge Plug®
316 SS: 16-154554
With Metal Cap: 16-165554
- Gauge Plug® Fittings: 1/4″ MNPF Lock-On Gauge Plug®
316 SS: 16-054554
With Metal Cap: 16-064554
All plugs are made in 316 SS (Other Material Options are Available)
1/4″ FNPT or 1/2″ FNPT 316 SS
Slip-On Type – 500 PSI to 5,000 PSI
Lock-On Type – 500 PSI to 15,000 PSI
- Gauge Plug® Fittings: 1/4″ FNPT Slip-On
316 SS: 16-234252
- Gauge Plug® Fittings: 1/2″ FNPT Slip-On
316 SS: 16-234253
- Gauge Plug® Fittings: 1/4″ FNPT Lock-On
316 SS: 16-217252
- Gauge Plug® Fittings: 1/2″ FNPT Lock-On
316 SS: 16-217253
All probes are made in 316 SS (Other Material Options are Available)
- Troubleshoot complicated hydraulic or pneumatic circuits during operation without breaking pressure in lines.
- Sample line fluids in seconds.
- Gauge corrosive fluids or sour gas with safety.
- Calibrate or test the accuracy of fixed pressure gauges or meters.
ADVANTAGES OF THE GAUGE PLUG & PROBE SYSTEMTM
- Seal is bubble tight.
- Metal to metal seat plus elastomer seal.
- All Stainless Steel construction.
- Take pressure readings in seconds.
- Mesh screen filters debris which eliminates potential clogs.
- The probe does not need lubricant prior to probing.
- Reduced chance of gauge loss due to theft or vandalism.
- Eliminates excessive wear on expensive, delicate gauges due to harsh environments, vibration, pressure pulsation, or mechanical shock.